Monday, 28 March 2016

Grain Free Fermented Dog Food
*Grated Veggies (carrots, zucchini, kale, sweet potato, pumpkin, green beans, apple)
*24 hour slow-cooked (with dash of apple cider vinegar) roast chicken bones (free range), blended smooth.
*Flax, Sunflower and Pumpkin seeds, Desicated Coconut; soaked for 12 hours in milk kefir.
*Minced Kangaroo meat,
*minced chicken meat,
*Green Tea (helps to blend the seed/keifr mix.
(sorry about the lack of quantities, that is 1kg of meat)

Grate/chop the veggies, I soak the seeds in kefir milk for 12 hours first and use the green tea in the blender with the kale and seed mix to help it whizz up. When I have mixed it all up I leave on the countertop for 12 hours before bagging into 100gm lots and keeping in the fridge for a day or so before freezing. It is a variation of the Dom's Kefir Pages fermented pet food.


I try to avoid 'processed carbohydrates, rice and grains'. Also, when I'm serving up, I add calcium supplement, green lipped muscle powder, fish oil and glucosamine. On fasting days I'll give her a broth of chickenstock, chicken, leafygreens and goldenpaste (turmuric, coconut oil, ground black pepper). I read on Dom's Kefir Page that it is good to fast a dog on water for a day every week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment